Here’s a house that is a product of brisk ideation between owner and designer. Thermal comfort is ensured five ways:
- Employing cross-ventilation at the ground floor to protect indoor air quality. Open-planning also mutes the division between outdoors and indoors.
- Maximizing vertical stack effect using air convection between ground and second floor.
- Fenestration scheme to minimize heat gain during afternoons. Awning-type mechanisms also maintains air flow even during heavy downpour.
- High thermal mass like toilets are located on the hot sides of the house.
- Roof-type channels heat outside through induced air flow within plenum.
Target completion of construction is October 2016. For more detail, please contact author.